Holidays are a time to relax, reflect and possibly hit the road to a vacation destination. With that in mind, we’ve created a list of fun things for you to try and taste this Festive Season.
Hit the Freeway to Festive Fun, Food & Freedom
Let’s start with interesting and fun things to do. Here goes:
1. Go camping.
2. Read a book.
3. Blow bubbles.
4. Start a journal.
5. Play card games.
6. Do volunteer work.
7. Take lots of photos.
8. Take a nap in a hammock.
9. Play a musical instrument.
10. Make your own lemonade.
11. Toss a Frisbee with friends.
12. Take a long, luxurious bath.
13. Build a puzzle with someone.
14. Spend quality time with pets.
15. Take a nap just because you can.
16. Play board games with the family.
17. Find a new recipe online and try it.
18. Bake your own bread from scratch.
19. Rearrange a room you’re bored with.
20. Make your way to the nearest beach.
21. Play tennis, go kayaking or go fishing.
22. Watch the sunrise. Watch the sunset.
23. Hit the pool – public or friend’s house.
24. Gather friends for a game of miniature golf.
25. Grab a blanket at night and watch the stars.
26. Ride a bicycle. If you don’t have one, hire one.
27. Go to a park, choose a seat and start swinging.
28. Call someone you haven’t spoken to for a while.
29. Swim – anywhere safe and where you’re allowed.
30. Go through your things and donate unwanted items.
31. Go for a short hike (make sure you take enough water).
32. Pack your own picnic basket and enjoy it somewhere special.
33. Go for a leisurely stroll along the beach or in a nearby nature reserve.
34. On a cold day, go to the cinemas and watch a movie – big screen style.
35. Visit a strawberry farm and spend a few hours handpicking your own fruit.
Next: Fun foods to enjoy this Festive Season:
2. Halloumi Salad
3. Savoury Muffins
4. Fresh Fruit Skewers
5. Soft Serve Ice Cream
6. Braaid Marshmallows
7. Homemade Lemonade
8. Homemade Gingerbread Men
9. Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
10. Be Adventurous: Try a Totally New Dish
Wherever you’re headed this holiday, be sure to be safe on the roads.
Even if you’re spending your free time at home, have safe short trips.
All Our Best Wishes